Saturday, May 31, 2008




For the Beauty of the Earth

For the beauty of the earth,
For the glory of the skies,
For the love which from our birth
Over and around us lies:



For the wonder of each hour
Of the day and of the night,
Hill and vale, and tree and flow'r,
Sun and moon, and stars of light:

For the joy of human love
Brother, sister, parent, child.
Friends on earth, and friends above,
For all thoughts and mild"
Dot, beloved sister-in-law



Mary Sue, beloved childhood & high school friend
Christ our God, to thee we raise
This our hymn of grateful praise. Amen
The world is looking pretty good this time of year. My plants are blooming and the sky is blue. Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!
And so are my friends that have been able to visit lately. My very best friend in the world, Mary Sue (we forged a friendship in 4th grade) was able to visit in April. We hadn't seen each other in 15 years. We spent a great afternoon catching up.
One of my favorite sister-in-laws was able to visit in Feb. It would be great if she just moved down here so we could pal around about 5-6 days a week.
And my friend, Nancy, came to Orlando with her daughter, a friend of my daughter. They both had their children who bonded quickly. A great afternoon remembering my other life in Nashville. We remembered old church friends and the many fun summers at the swim club. She is a widow too, so we had lots in common. I sent her photo in cyberspace. I add it in another entry.
Old friends are such a blessing. I so enjoyed each of them and look forward to seeing them again soon.

No comments: